As we complete the final week before winter holidays, we are reminded of the importance of time with family and friends and the celebration of our children. This joyous season is a reminder for all of us to be kind to the people around us and to help those who need it, and it is a reminder for us to teach our children the grace of giving by showing them how to do this.
I'd like to share the Top 10 things you can show and teach your children this holiday season.
10. Tell someone how much you appreciate them.
9. Share a holiday meal with someone who doesn't have family here.
8. Do something nice without getting or expecting something back.
7. Watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with your family and loved ones. Talk about what that story means to them.
6. Make hot chocolate from scratch and share a bowl of popcorn! If you are brave, cook the popcorn on the stove top like we used to do!
5. Take someone a meal.
4. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or other charitable organization.
3. Donate to the local food bank.
2. Bake some cookies!
1. Take advantage of the time with family, and the happiness of friends.
May you enjoy a wonderful season filled with the people and traditions that mean the most to you.
Reminder -Tuesday, December 20 is an early release "A" Day.
No School on Wednesday, December 21 - January 3.
Teachers Return Wednesday, January 4 and Students Return Thursday, January 5!